Saturday, April 30, 2011

Push.. hold it and count to 10!!!

Ok so am I the only one who wanted to smack my doctor in the delivery room?!
"Well, the next time you feel a contraction, go ahead and push..."
"ARE YOU SERIOUS?! I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FEEL BELOW MY BELLY BUTTON FOR HOURS!! HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL A CONTRACTION?!"
I don't know if that is anywhere near something I said, cause frankly all I could think about was getting these babies out, ripping off the stupid oxygen mask, and beating myself up over the fact that I hadn't shaved my legs!!!!
There was this feeling that rushed over me like a tidal wave when each girl was placed on my stomach, "These girls are mine!" I just thought they were so beautiful, even covered in blood and mucus!! The hardest part was not being able to hold them right away. They told me they had to wait till I had more feeling in my legs... SERIOUSLY?! Put me in a wheel chair and bring me to my babies!!! I don't need my legs to hold my babies!!!
Its funny how all I wanted to do was bring my babies home, and as soon as I brought them home, all I wanted to do was bring them back so someone could watch them during the night!! Now, I can barely put them in nursery on Sunday! I get serious separation anxiety.. I just get so scared that I am going to miss something! Or what if they need me?! I have to get out of church, rush through nursery security (yes there is security), and then remember where the nursery actually is. What if something happens in those 3 minutes?! I mean seriously.. look what happened in the 10 seconds I had to push?! Out popped a baby!
Piece of advise for the day.. don't blink, don't count to 10, DO get the epidural, don't worry about what comes out of your mouth (or any other opening in your body) when you are in the heat of labor, don't worry about your unshaved legs, DO enjoy every little precious moment with your children, because before you can count to 10, they have already grown!

No comments:

Post a Comment