Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Once upon a poopy, on a spit-up rag far far away...

Someone asked me how I know what to write about. I didn't have a profound answer at all!! I just write what goes through my head. If you want some great literary blogging, read my sister Jussley's!! Those are blogs that will make you laugh and cry! If you want to read what its like to be a teenage girl in this day and age, read my sister Heather's blogs. If you want to know what its like to have a million and one ideas and thoughts running through your head and no one to share them with, please continue to read mine!
This past week I have been dealing with one sick baby and one baby whose reflux finally got worse. Its been a long week and this momma is TIRED! But sitting here on the couch with my sick baby sleeping on my chest.. I thought, "what the hey, why don't I ignore this major blart (blogging fart) and just type!!" Just pretend that I am talking to someone and they are listening and laughing and agreeing and understanding exactly what I am going through. 
I have had these CRAZY ideas running through my head. A childrens book series. Some of the titles would include: "Once upon a Poopy Diaper" "A day in the life of a Burp Cloth" "Baby Blankets of the World Unite!"
My mind just goes crazy with ideas! Will they ever come to fruition? I doubt it, but, hey, whoever said that mom's cant dream or have imaginations too? I am a mom full of ideas and dreams! Like the dream of always wanting to become a trauma nurse/surgeon. This was LONG before the Grey's Anatomy series hit TV. I used to sit and watch "Trauma: Life in the ER" with my mom and dream of one day saving someones life, with my scrubs covered in blood, and sweat pouring down my head, and the satisfaction of know God had blessed me with the talent to save lives! Instead, I make bottles and change diapers, sing lullaby's to my babies and "pet" their fevered foreheads. Do you wanna know the best part? I wouldn't trade those diapers and lullaby's for bloody scubs anymore than I would trade a Godiva chocolate cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory (a la mode of course) for a peanut!!!
I can still dream and imagine. There is no rule or law against it, but when reality knocks at my door and hands me a sick baby or a munchkin that just wants love, then I had better answer with open arms and an open heart! 
So here's to one day writing those children's books, and blood covered scrubs! For now, though, I will take the poop and puke!! 

1 comment:

  1. those are bodily functions only a mother can write about, put up with and i love it that you are writing from your couch . . . an outlet is good when you have twins. trust me, i know:)

    ReplyDelete